All students who attend Rosie’s House must interview to be accepted into the academy. Interviews are held for both private and group lessons as well as for beginning and experienced students.
Our next round of interviews will be held in January of 2016 for classes that begin in January 2016.
Registration for interviews for January 2016 will be open December 15th to the 31st!
La registracion para las entrevistas para agosto del 2015 estaran disponibles del 15 al 31 de Diciembre!
Register your child to interview starting December 15 by CLICKING HERE. All interviews for students will be Saturday, January 9th. Classes for our 2016 Spring Semester will start January 19th.
Current openings and admission requirements include the following:
- Advanced Mariachi Ensemble: Violin and Trumpet students (ages 13-17) with 2 years of experience
- Intermediate Mariachi Ensemble: Violin students (ages 11-17) with 2 or more years of experience and guitar on students (ages 11-17) with 1 year 1 experience.
- Saxophone Quartet Class: Soprano, Alto, and Baritone Saxophone students (ages 14-17) with 2 years of experience.
- Group Bassoon Class: Bassoon students (ages 14-17) with 1 year of experience. Please note that interested students will need to have their own bassoon.
- Private Clarinet Class: Clarinet students (ages 10-17) with 2 years of experience.
- Group Flute Class: Flute students (ages 14-17) with 2 years of experience.
- Flute Choir Ensemble: Flute students (ages 14-17) with 3 years of experience.
- Group Piano Class: Piano students (ages 10-17) with 1 year of experience in a piano class.
Placement is determined by eligibility and availability of space. Please only register your child if they meet the age and experience requirements.
Rosie’s House serves students with financial need in the Phoenix area. Before you register for an interview, please check the family income requirements. If you qualify, you may register either online or by calling 602-252-8475 and using the Interview Line. You will receive a phone call by January 7th with your interview time. Please remember that the last day to register is Dec. 31st.
In addition to interviewing for acceptance into the academy, students and families must meet the financial and commitment requirements.
Rosie’s House has the following requirements for admission:
We accept students based upon the following financial basis (HUD guidelines):
Number of People in Household:
2 Income less than $41,000
3 Income less than $46,100
4 Income less than $51,200
5 Income less than $55,300
6 Income less than $59,400
7 Income less than $63,500
8 Income less than $67,600
There is no tuition charge, and if you need an instrument, one can be loaned to you. Students purchase instruction books and a folder.
Parents are required to provide four service hours per child per semester. Service opportunities include monitoring campus during classes, campus clean-up days, special projects, recital duty and administrative projects.
Students are required to do the following:
- Practice twenty-five minutes five days a week (or as specified by the teacher).
- Be absent no more than three times per semester.
- Attend class with a desire to learn.
- Make musical progress and complete assignments.
- Attend their academic school and be a student in good-standing.